Why must you invest in yourself?
On the Forbes list of power women every year since I’ve known her is Farah Foustok, the CEO of Lazard Asset Management in the Middle East. She is also the founder of the Middle East’s 30% Club, Reach Mentoring and TARA speed-mentoring – all platforms designed to help women achieve their professional goals.
On This Episode of When Women Win:
Farah & I discussed taking risks, losing it all, cultivating grit and rebuilding from scratch. Farah talked about her move from corporate to a wild 4-year entrepreneurial adventure in Argentina and Spain, and then back into the corporate world. We discussed why it’s important to invest in yourself and what that looks like. Finally, Farah shared how working in the male-dominated world of Middle Eastern finance fueled her passion for mentorship and her desire to help more women rise to leadership positions.
- “I learned to lose everything and then find a way to rebuild.”
- “It’s important to surround yourself with people who have similar values because you don’t always have the answers on your own.”
Farah recommends reading Open: An Autobiography written by professional tennis player Andre Agassi.
Talking Points in This Episode:
- Major changes from young life to motherhood
- Defining failure as an individual and as a society
- Living in the Arab world
- How to bounce ideas off others
- Collaboration and acceptance in team sports
If you’d like to know more about Farah, you can find her at https://poweroftara.net/tara-team/ and on LinkedIn.